It is the goal of the Republic County Hospital’s Dietary Department to meet the nutritional needs of our patients by providing optimal nutritional care and quality food service.
A full-time licensed, registered dietitian is available to:
- Assess our patient's nutritional needs and assure those needs are met.
- Provide inpatient & outpatient nutrition counseling services upon a physician’s referral.
- Provide education on an individual and group basis.
- Individualize menus for patients with special needs.
- 4 week rotating menu.
- Cafeteria service daily from 12 to 1 p.m.
- Family or friends dining in when scheduled in advance.
- Free meals for a parent or guardian providing care for a child 11 or younger.
- Free meals for a family member providing assistance for patients unable to feed themselves.
- Adaptive eating utensils to encourage independence for patients with special needs.
- New parent celebration meal